SmileBack's powerful automation feature allows you to build custom rules based on the CSAT or NPS reviews you receive. Each automation performs an action every time a specific event, or trigger, takes place within SmileBack.
Automations using the "when a new review is received" trigger run a short time after a review is received, in order to allow time for the user to change the rating if needed.
Create an Automation rule
Follow these steps to create an Automation rule:
- Go to Automation in the dropdown Tools menu.
- Choose Add CSAT Rule or Add NPS Rule depending on which survey type you want to set up an automation for.
- Add a name for the rule.
- In the When dropdown, select a trigger (for CSAT, for NPS there is only one trigger). This is the event that will cause the automation to run.
- Use the optional condition filters to further define which reviews should trigger your automation.
- Select in the Then column what should happen when the trigger is matched.
- After selecting the action, you can further define its settings.
- Click on Save.
Enabling/Disabling an automation rule
Use the on/off switch to enable or disable a rule.
Send an email - send an email to the specified addresses, for example alert a manager when a bad review is received.
Send an email to the named agent(s) - notify techs by email when they get a review.
Add internal note to the ticket - keep a record of review's on the original ticket.
Change the ticket's category - for example change tickets from their original category into a special category for bad feedback.
Reopen ticket - simply reopen a ticket depending on the feedback received.
Create a new service ticket - leave the original ticket as is but create a new one for following-up on feedback.
Send an email - as above.