This article covers two main tasks you need to complete to use SmileBack with HaloPSA. First, connecting the two systems together with an API, and second, adding the SmileBack Customer Satisfaction survey (CSAT) to your closed ticket template in HaloPSA.
Setting up the HaloPSA API connection to SmileBack
Create API credentials
- In HaloPSA go to Configuration > Integrations > HaloPSA API.
- Click View Applications then create a new application.
- Call the application "SmileBack" so that you can easily find it again in the future.
- Choose the Client ID and Secret (Services) Authentication Method.
- Under Login Type you can choose an agent or supplier profile to associate the application with, you may want to create a new supplier profile for SmileBack.
- On the Permissions you need to tick the following items: "admin", "
- Go back to the Details tab and leave it open.
Enter the credentials in SmileBack
- In another tab, open SmileBack's Set up HaloPSA API page.
- Enter the subdomain of your HaloPSA account, that's your company name that appears at the start of the URL.
- Copy and paste the Client ID and Client Secret from HaloPSA into the respective boxes on the page in SmileBack.
- Hit Save in HaloPSA and then Store HaloPSA API credentials in SmileBack.
- If successful you will see a green Connected label, the client secret will be hidden, but you can generate a new one in HaloPSA by editing the application you created if needed.
Add the SmileBack CSAT survey to HaloPSA
- Go to Email > Outgoing Email and click on Email Templates.
- Select your template for when a ticket is closed.
- Click Edit.
- Click the "<>" Code View button, do not try to add the SmileBack snippet in the normal view.
- Generate a survey snippet in SmileBack then copy it.
- Paste the snippet into the part of the email where you want the three faces to show. This should be high up so it's easy for your customers to see and click on, we usually suggest putting it right after the greeting. It may look a little strange at this point, please keep reading to step 8.
- Switch back to the normal view by clicking the < > Code View button again. Check that you're happy with where the survey is placed.
- Click Save. If your survey still looks unusual or isn't fully displaying try refreshing the tab after saving.
- Go back to the main Email settings and make sure that the Show Email preview after an Email Action box is not ticked.