Two-factor authentication (2FA) is a security setting that adds an extra verification step in the login process. Usually logging in to SmileBack requires only your email and password. With 2FA enabled, you need to use your mobile phone to get a one-time verification code. This setting can only be enabled by a SmileBack user with account administrator permissions. You can read about enabling this for all of your company's SmileBack users by clicking here.
How to set up two-factor authentication
Here are the steps to set up 2FA for the first time or reset it:
- First, install an authenticator app. We support multiple authenticator apps, including Microsoft Authenticator, LastPass Authenticator and Google Authenticator.
- Log in with your usual email address and password.
- Using your authenticator app, scan the QR code on the 2FA setup page.
- Verify 2FA by entering the 6-digit temporary code displayed on your authenticator app.
- In the last step, we provide you with 6 backup verification codes. You can use them in case you lose your authentication device. Make sure you save the codes by copying them to a secure file or by printing them. They are important, so please store them somewhere safe.
Once you save your backup codes, you can complete the 2FA setup process.
How to log in after successful 2FA setup
Next time you log in, you'll have to input a verification code. Here's how the new login process will go:
- Log in with your usual email and password
- Open the authenticator app on your device
- Type the 6-digit verification code from your authenticator app
Please sign in to leave a comment.