We provide two ways to add contacts to your NPS campaign from ConnectWise Manage. Importing directly from ConnectWise Manage, or uploading a CSV file.
Importing contacts from ConnectWise Manage makes it easy to get an up-to-date list of names and email addresses and then filter them so that each NPS campaign contains only the relevant individuals.
If you are importing contacts for the first time, then please check your ConnectWise Manage API settings.
How the filters work
SmileBack will fetch a list of your contacts and their attributes and then you will be able to filter by the following fields:
Contact Type – these are categories defined in ConnectWise Manage by your company, for example you may have marked some contacts as “Main account contact” or “VIP”.
Companies – find everyone from a particular company or group of companies.
Company status – choose which companies to import if you use status labels such as "active", "inactive" etc.
Company Type – choose which type of companies you want to import based on your own labeling system. You can also use this as a way of managing NPS recipients, for example creating a special label such as "NPS" and then adding and removing it as you wish for a simple way of finding all relevant companies.
Marketing groups – choose which marketing groups to import contacts from if you have any set up.
You can use filters individually or in combination, and you can filter down to just one option or multiple. Ticking the "Select All" box will mean that you do not filter by that field.
Importing contacts is the fourth step of creating an NPS campaign.
- Click "Import contacts". If this is a new campaign, you will see a reminder to check your ConnectWise Manage API permissions.
- By default, all contacts are selected. Click on any of the filter boxes you want to use and you will see a drop-down menu of the options. When you're ready, click "Next" and SmileBack will import contacts matching your selected filters. This could take several minutes to complete, depending on how many contacts you are importing, and you will see a progress bar as SmileBack works.
- On the next screen you will then see a list of all imported contacts. You can use this to check you got who you expected, and you can also deselect individual recipients if you wish to leave them out of this campaign. Click "Next" when you are done.
On completion you will go back to the main set-up for the new campaign to confirm and send your survey. Please note that if you exit the window or go to another section in the app, any new campaign you're creating or changes you made to existing ones will NOT be saved until the contacts are imported and the survey is sent
Before every survey is sent, according to the schedule you defined in Step 1 of the campaign set up, we will fetch the right contacts based on the filters you've selected. This way, you can "set it and forget it", as SmileBack will automatically get the most up-to-date set of your contacts.
A CSV upload is especially useful in case you get inconsistent results when importing and/or experience technical connectivity issues.
This option involves exporting your desired contact list from ConnectWise Manage as a .csv (you can also use contact lists from other sources if you wish), making sure that .csv file contains the necessary data and uploading it when creating or updating your SmileBack NPS campaigns. Please read on for details.
- Export your contacts according to your desired criteria as a .csv file from ConnectWise Manage (or other ConnectWise products that offer that option)
- Check the .csv file and make sure it contains the necessary data. The .csv needs to have the following column headers
- Email Address - must contain data
- First Name - must contain data
- Last Name - must contain data
- Contact Title
- Upload the .csv from your computer using the "Browse" button
- On the next screen you will then see a list of all uploaded contacts. You can use this to check you got who you expected, and you can also deselect individual recipients if you wish to leave them out of this campaign. Click "Next" when you are done.
On completion you will go back to the main set-up for the new campaign to confirm and schedule your survey by clicking Activate Campaign. Please note that if you exit the window or go to another section in the app, any new campaign you're creating or changes you made to existing ones will NOT be saved until the campaign is not activated.
Please sign in to leave a comment.