Intro to NPS campaign creation
To send an NPS survey with SmileBack you need to create a campaign, on the Manage Campaigns page. This allows you to choose your recipients, customize the email and then track the responses.
You can read more about the ideas behind campaigns and how to use them well in this article: NPS campaigns setup tips.
Create your campaign, step-by-step instructions
- Choose a name for your campaign, this should be something easy to understand that indicates why you surveyed this group; for example, "Project management clients". Choose when the campaign will start and if you want it to repeat at a set interval. You can also change the time zone and language if you wish.
- You can also choose to automatically send reminder emails to recipients who don't respond to the survey at first, this is optional and you can change the setting later, or send reminders to selected contacts manually.
- To send your survey from your company's own email domain click on "Set up your domain", there are full instructions for this here.
- Choose a subject line, company name, greeting and upload your company logo. If you wish, you can also change the color of the survey scale to match your brand. You can then preview your email. You can add a placeholder for the contacts' first names into the subject line and greeting. We also have tips on creating a great NPS email.
- We have provided text for a standard NPS question. In most cases you should leave this as is, as that's best for eliciting responses and comparing your results to other companies. But in some cases it might be helpful to make the question more specific, for example if you are running a campaign dedicated to a particular project. If you change the question, you should make that clear in the campaign name so it's easy for you to remember when reviewing your scores.
- You can customize the comment and thank you pages if you wish. You can also enable the marketing permissions and the Google reviews features for promoter NPS responses (scored 9 or 10).
- You can now import your contacts from your ticketing software. See here for detailed instructions for your platform. Or you can directly upload a .csv file with your contacts.