Make sure that you are logged in to SmileBack as an Account Administrator then follow the instructions in this article to get access to the SmileBack Zapier app.
Creating your Zap
- Start a new app and select the SmileBack app.
- Connect Zapier to your SmileBack app.
- Choose the Slack app, then choose “Send Channel Message”.
- Choose the appropriate Channel (for example, we have one called #feedback)
- In the Message Text box, click the button in the top right to see the options for inserting information, from SmileBack. You can use this to add placeholders for information like the contact name and rating.
- Select “yes” in the Send as a bot? row and enter “SmileBack” in Bot name.
- In Bot Icon you can select the “Rating Image” so that positive ratings will have a green face and so on.
- When you’re ready, hit “Continue” and send a test message to Slack. If that shows what you wanted, turn on the Zap.
Note: We use Zendesk but if your ticketing system supports permalinks to individual tickets then you can use the same technique to add one to the message.