With our new Power BI integration you can automatically sync your SmileBack data into reports and dashboards.
This integration is still in beta mode currently so if you would like to try it please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know.
Preparing Power BI
- Make sure that you have Power BI Desktop installed on your machine.
- Check that in your Documents folder you have a folder called "Power BI Desktop" and inside that one called "Custom Connectors".
- If you haven't, close Power BI, create these folders and restart it.
- Inside Power BI click on File, then Options & Settings, then Options.
- Inside the Options menu go to Security and under Data Extensions check the box "(Not Recommended) Allow any extension to load without validation or warning" then click "OK".
Installing the SmileBack connector
- Get the connector from us (as above, please email email@example.com).
- Place it in the "Custom Connectors" folder.
- Inside Power BI click on Get Data, then More.
- Enter "SmileBack" into the search bar and double click on the SmileBack beta connector that comes up (you will get a message warning you that this is a beta development, click "Continue").
- Follow the on-screen instructions in Power BI to sign in to your SmileBack account.
- You will then get a window into your SmileBack account, click "Yes, authorize Power BI".
- Click Connect and you will see a preview of your SmileBack data, then click Load.