With our new Power BI integration you can automatically sync your SmileBack data into reports and dashboards. It is particularly useful for combining your SmileBack data with other metrics, for example ticket volume.
How to set it up
Preparing Power BI Desktop
- Make sure that you have Power BI Desktop installed on your machine.
- Check that in your Documents folder you have a folder called "Power BI Desktop" and inside that one called "Custom Connectors".
- If you haven't, close Power BI, create these folders and restart it.
- Inside Power BI click on File, then Options & Settings, then Options.
- Inside the Options menu go to Security and under Data Extensions check the box "(Not Recommended) Allow any extension to load without validation or warning" then click "OK".
Using the on-premises data gateway
If you will be using the connector with Power BI's on-premises data gateway then you will need to do some extra preparation. Please see this article for more details.
Installing the SmileBack connector
You must be an account administrator to do this.
- Download the custom connector by clicking here.
- Place it in the "Custom Connectors" folder.
- Inside Power BI click on Get Data, then More.
- Enter "SmileBack" into the search bar and double click on the SmileBack beta connector that comes up (you will get a message warning you that this is a beta development, click "Continue").
- Follow the on-screen instructions in Power BI to sign in to your SmileBack account.
- You will then get a window into your SmileBack account, click "Yes, authorize Power BI".
- Click Connect and you will see a preview of your SmileBack data, then click Load.