Only on SmileBack Professional
SmileBack's powerful automation feature allows you to build custom rules based on events involving your reviews. Each rule performs an action every time a specific event, or trigger, takes place within SmileBack.
Automation rules using the "when a new review is received" trigger run a short time after a review is received, in order to allow time for the user to change the rating if needed.
Create an Automation
Follow these steps to create an Automation:
- Go to Automation in the dropdown User Menu.
- Click on Add New Rule
- Add a name for the rule.
- In the When dropdown, select a trigger from one of the following. This is the event that will cause the automation rule to "fire" and can be one of the following:
- A new review is received
- A tag is added to a review
- The status of a review is changed
- Use the filters to further define which reviews should follow your automation rule (such as reviews with a comment, or comments that have been approved for publication).
- Define in the Then column what should happen when the trigger is matched.
- After selecting the action, you can further define its settings.
- Click on Save.
Enabling/Disabling an automation rule
Use the on/off switch to enable or disable a rule.
- Reopen ticket in Zendesk - changes the ticket status from "Solved" to "Open". You can use the automation conditions to run this when negative or neutral reviews are received so that unhappy customers get a follow up. Please note that once Zendesk has moved a ticket from "Solved" to "Closed" it is no longer possible to re-open it.
- Add internal note to Zendesk - record your SmileBack reviews in the original ticket with no effort.
- Tag ticket with rating - add "positive", "neutral" or "negative" to the tags field on the ticket.
- Submit satisfaction rating to Zendesk - sync your SmileBack reviews back into Zendesk's in-built Satisfaction Surveys feature. As Zendesk only has "positive" and "negative" ratings, we let you choose how to handle "neutral" reviews from SmileBack. You must have Zendesk Satisfaction Surveys enabled for this to work.