SmileBack's dedicated Microsoft Teams integration automatically posts CSAT and NPS reviews to Teams. You can configure multiple connections in order to filter different types of reviews to different channels. Please note Teams messages and other automations run around 15 minutes after a review is received. This is to allow time for any updates if the user wants to change their rating.
How to set it up
We also have a video at the bottom of the page, click here to jump to it.
Before you start: Please note that you need to be logged in to SmileBack with an account that has Account Administrator permissions. And you need to enable sideloading apps in the Microsoft Teams settings, please see the Microsoft documentation here.
- Find SmileBack in the Teams Apps directory.
- Open the full details and when you're ready, click on Add to a team.
- Choose the team you want to add SmileBack to and click on Set up a connector.
- You have now added SmileBack to your team, now it's time to add it to a specific channel or channels. If Teams automatically opened a window titled "Connectors for "X" channel in "X" team", close that.
- Mouse over the channel you want to add SmileBack to and click on the "..." to open the options and select Connectors.
- Enter "SmileBack" into the search bar inside this connectors box and you should see the app you added under the "Sideloaded" heading, click on the purple Configure button.
- You will then see a new window with a description of SmileBack, if you are not logged in to SmileBack in this browser you will see a log in screen, once you are logged in you will see this configuration page. Choose which type of reviews you want to post in this channel and what information you want to be included and click "Done". By default both CSAT and NPS reviews are selected, and no filters are applied meaning that you will get all reviews. You can make it more specific by adding filter options. When you're ready click Save. You should then get a message in the channel saying that the app has been added.
Adding more connections
You can set up multiple connections, for example you might want to separate CSAT and NPS reviews into different channels, or send only reviews with marketing permission to the marketing channel. To do so just repeat the above from step 5 onwards.
Removing the SmileBack app
To remove the app from a channel, just go back to the connectors menu from step 5 above. If you delete the SmileBack user account that set up the app, then you will need to configure it again with an active user.