SmileBack now offers a dedicated integration with Microsoft Teams that will post new reviews straight to your chosen channel. Please note Teams messages and other automations run around 15 minutes after a review is received. This is to allow time for any updates if the user wants to change their rating.
How to set it up
Before you start: Please note that you need to be logged in to SmileBack with an account that has Account Administrator permissions. And you need to enable sideloading apps in the Microsoft Teams settings, please see the Microsoft documentation here.
- Find SmileBack in the Teams Apps directory.
- Open the full details and when you're ready, click on Add to a team.
- Choose the team you want to add SmileBack to and click on Set up a connector.
- You have now added SmileBack to your team, now it's time to add it to a specific channel or channels. If Teams automatically opened a window titled "Connectors for "X" channel in "X" team", close that.
- Mouse over the channel you want to add SmileBack to and click on the "..." to open the options and select Connectors.
- Enter "SmileBack" into the search bar inside this connectors box and you should see the app you added under the "Sideloaded" heading, click on the purple Configure button.
- You will then see a new window with a description of SmileBack, if you are not logged in to SmileBack in this browser you will see a log in screen, once you are logged in you will see this permissions list. Choose the survey types and data types you want to be shared in this channel and when you're ready click Save. You should then get a message in the channel saying that the app has been added.
Removing the SmileBack app
To remove the app from a channel, just go back to the connectors menu from step 5 above. If you delete the SmileBack user account that set up the app, then you will need to configure it again with an active user.