This article outlines the steps needed to set up your SmileBack integration with ConnectWise Manage:
- Create an API Member for SmileBack
- Create an API Key
- Enter the API Key into SmileBack
Creating an API member
- In ConnectWise Manage, go to System > Members > API Members
- Click + to create a new API member
- In the Member ID field type SmileBack
- Enter an email address (this should be a functioning email address at your company)
- Under System, select the Role ID Admin - or - select the custom SmileBack security role you previously created.
- In the Service Defaults section you can block the member from accessing certain boards by adding them to the Restrict Board Access field. This mean SmileBack will not be able to fetch ticket details from those boards, so do not add boards you want to use SmileBack with to this field.
- Click Save.
Creating an API Key
- Select the API member created for SmileBack in the previous section and click the API Keys tab
- Click + to create a new API key
- For description enter SmileBack, then click Save
Entering the API Key into SmileBack
Copy and paste both the Public and Private keys you created in the previous section from ConnectWise into the API Member Authentication section in SmileBack and click Validate API Connection.
SmileBack will confirm that the correct API permissions have been given. This is particularly important if you created a custom security role. Once you've confirmed that you've passed the necessary requirements, click Save.