You need to have a Zapier account to use this feature: https://zapier.com/
Setting up the integration with Zapier
- In integrations select Connect Zapier
- Click on Accept Invite & Go To Dashboard
Creating a trigger
- In order to create a Zap, click on Make a Zap! at the top of the screen once you've logged into Zapier.
- Search for SmileBack
- Click on Save + Continue
- Click on Connect a New Account (or select an account that's already been connected).
- Click on Yes, Authorize Zapier in the pop-up.
- Click on Save + Continue in Zapier to ensure that the connection between Zapier and SmileBack is working properly. Please note that you'll need a recent review in order for Zapier's test to be successful.
- Chose your Action app (i.e. what you'd like to do once a review comes in to SmileBack). For example:
- Slack - "
- Trello - "Create Card" – Adds a new card on a specific board and list
- Create an automation in SmileBack to send out email alerts whenever you receive a positive feedback.
- Follow the steps here to set up notification in MS Teams.
If you want to be notified about all the reviews you receive in MS Teams, simply connect MS Teams with SmileBack.
- Bonus.ly - to make recognition easy use Zapier to connect SmileBack with Bonus.ly
More about how to use Zapier to connect SmileBack with the tools you and your team use every day here.
8. Ensure you set your Zap to on, and you're ready to go!
Disabling a Zap
To disable your Zap, simply go to your Zapier Dashboard and slide the switch to off.
Send follow up emails to CSAT reviews with Zapier
What could I use this for?
You may want to automatically send email follow ups when you receive certain types of CSAT reviews. For example negative and neutral reviews could get an email letting them know that one of your staff will soon be in touch by phone.
In this example we'll show you how to send emails to anyone leaving a positive comment with marketing permission. You could send them a thank you or ask them to review you on a third party site like Google.
Zapier is a great service that lets you make your own automations out of simple steps to carry out tasks like this.
Accessing the Zapier integration
The SmileBack Zapier app is available by invite only. To gain access you just need to use the link inside your SmileBack integration settings. Please see this article for more details.
Setting up the Zap
Step 1 - trigger
Choose the SmileBack app in Zapier, by default it will be set to run when a new review is received.
Step 2 - filter
Choose the Zapier Filter action.
Set "Only continue if..." to:
RATING exactly matches POSITIVE
HAS MARKETING PERMISSION is TRUE
Step 3 - action
Choose the Zapier Email action.
In the template, fill the email line with the "Contact Email" placeholder from the SmileBack new review.
Then fill out the rest of the template as you desire.
Please sign in to leave a comment.