What does the widget do?
SmileBack's website widget makes it easy to show off your Net CSAT Score, NPS score and your positive feedback on your website. You can use it to show prospective clients how happy your current customers are with your helpdesk service and how great your overall client relationships are.
You also have full control over which positive CSAT reviews and NPS responses will be displayed.
This article will introduce you to the different types of website widgets that we offer and how to set them up to get more value from your SmileBack feedback.
Types of widget
The simple widget displays your NPS or Net CSAT score in real-time, plus how many total CSAT reviews or NPS responses you've received in the last 90 days.
Simple widget + Reviews
The simple widget with Reviews displays the same information in addition to a feed of your positive customer comments. Only CSAT reviews or NPS responses where your customers have provided marketing permissions can be displayed.
Please note: You need to have at least three published CSAT reviews or NPS responses with marketing permissions in order to select the Simple Widget + Reviews option. You can select the publishable feedback before configuring your widget. More on that in the next section.
Super widget: Both CSAT and NPS
The super widget displays both your Net CSAT and your NPS scores in real-time, plus how many CSAT reviews and NPS responses you've received, respectively, in the last 90 days.
Choosing which reviews are displayed
Please note: You need to be an Account Admin to choose which reviews are displayed in your website widgets AND the reviews have to have marketing permissions from their submitter. You can read more about user permissions here.
Go to the CSAT Reviews page and filter the reviews with the Comments filter "Only Reviews with Marketing Permission".
You can then select which reviews can be displayed in your website widget by turning the toggle on in the Published column.
Go to the NPS Dashboard page and filter the responses with the Responses filter "With marketing permission".
You can then select which responses can be displayed in your website widget by turning the toggle on in the Published column.
Configuring your widget(s)
The necessary permissions
Please note the following:
- You need to be a
CSAT Adminand an
NPS Adminto see the Website Widget page and to be able to configure all the available website widget options.
- Only users with both CSAT and NPS Admin permissions can create a super widget.
- Your available options will depend on your permissions. e.g. users with
CSAT Adminpermissions and no
NPS Adminpermissions will only be able configure CSAT simple widgets with or without reviews.
You can read more about user permissions here.
Go to the Website Widget inside the Tools menu and select which website widget you'd like to configure.
You can customize your website widget's style across different parameters.
- Widget layout: it can be a standard layout that displays the score and the number of reviews or responses; or a compact one that only displays the score.
- Color settings: you can input the color code or use the color picker to choose the widget's background color and the different texts' colors e.g. the score text and the accompanying text (Text Color 01 and 02).
- Widget border: you can choose whether your widget has a border or not. The border's color is the same as the Text Color 02.
- Drop shadow: you can choose whether your widget has a drop shadow or not.
You can preview what the website widget looks like on different devices i.e. on Desktop, Tablet and Mobile. The preview panel is expandable, the expand icon is in the top right corner.
Additional settings for the Simple Widget with Reviews
When configuring a simple widget with reviews, there are further customization settings:
- Author settings: you can control which author details will be displayed for the sake of your client's privacy.
- Scroll mode: you can choose whether you'd like the widget to rotate through your reviews automatically (dynamic reviews) or be only navigated manually by website visitors (static reviews)
Adding the widget(s) to your website
Please note the following:
- If you want to display both your CSAT and NPS data and your reviews / responses for each, you can create and publish separate widgets!
- If you plan on using multiple widgets on the same website page, make sure you use the same style for all of them.
- You can't add 2 CSAT or 2 NPS widget to the same website even if they are of a different type. However, as mentioned above, you can add a CSAT widget and an NPS widget to the same website.
What's the timeframe of the different elements of the widget?
NPS score& the
number of reviewsare metrics corresponding to the last 90 days.
- The comments in the widget can be from any time, depending on which ones you choose to publish.
How do I update the style and colors of an already published website widget?
If you want to update the colors you just need to generate the widget again with the new settings then replace the old code in your website.