SmileBack's powerful automation feature allows you to build custom rules based on the reviews you receive. Each rule performs an action every time a specific event, or trigger, takes place within SmileBack.
Automation rules using the "when a new review is received" trigger run a short time after a review is received, in order to allow time for the user to change the rating if needed.
Create an automation
Follow these steps to create an Automation rule:
- Go to Automation in the dropdown User Menu.
- Click on Add New Rule
- Add a name for the rule.
- In the When dropdown, select a trigger from one of the following. This is the event that will cause the automation rule to "fire" and can be one of the following:
- A new review is received
- A tag is added to a review
- The status of a review is changed
- Use the filters to to further define which reviews should follow your automation rule (such as reviews with a comment, or comments that have been approved for publication).
- Define in the Then column what should happen when the trigger is matched (see the Actions section below).
- After selecting the action, you can further define its settings.
- Click on Save.
Enabling/Disabling an automation
Use the on/off switch to enable or disable a rule.
Attach a note to the ticket in ConnectWise Manage
You can choose to add the notes to either the "Discussion", "Internal" or "Resolution" tab.
Submit a survey response to ConnectWise Manage
Change the board and status of a service ticket within ConnectWise Manage
If you want to change only the status, you can set up an automation for each board as follows.
WHEN a new review is received, and the segment is [Board A]
THEN change the ticket's board/status to the service board [Board A] with ticket status [Follow-up]
Send an email notification
For example to notify a manager when a negative or neutral review is received.
Create a new ticket
For example to prompt a follow-up when a negative or neutral review is received. This follow up ticket will be created on the board set as the default for the API member you created for SmileBack.